The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

14 weeks and an appointment

 

Your Baby: Week 14

Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.
 
 
 
* How far along?: 14 weeks
* Total weight gain: down 10lbs total so far
* How big is baby?: The size of a lemon
* Maternity clothes?: oh yes
* Stretch marks?: nothing new
* Sleep?: i do it every chance i get
* Best moment this week? having another ultrasound and getting to see the baby again
* Movement?: nope, not yet
* Food cravings?: Nacho cheese, and now chipotle
* Labor signs?: nope, thank god.
* Belly button in or out?: In.
* Sex?: not known yet, soon we hope
* What I miss: Nothing yet.
* What I'm looking forward to: finding out the gender soon
* Milestone: leaving the 1st trimester!
 
 
i had my 14 week appointment today. BP was 130/79, and i am down another 6lbs. Down a total of 10lbs this pregnancy already. My doctor asked me if i was having bad morning sickness, i told him im feeling much better these days. I do need to have a weight gain at my next appt though or he is going to get concerned (same thing happened with McKenzie). Baby is according to my doctor "measuring right along with 14 weeks" and has a "nice and strong heartbeat" (we say it, not heard it). The baby was curled completely in a ball but was doing summer saults all over. In 2 weeks i do my AFP tests and then i go back to my dr on August 17th!!
We brought chloe to my appointment and let her go back with us, she was so excited and is taking the ultrasound picture with her everywhere telling everyone "look at this cute picture of my baby".
 

No comments: