The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Saturday, July 17, 2010

learning the abc's and 123s

We have been working on teaching chloe her alphabet and to count, and she is catching on for the most part. She will say her alphabet up to q.r.s and then gets confused and either starts over or finishes the song with "now i know my ABC's next time you sing with me". Her numbers she has down to 10, sometimes 11 or 12 but refuses to say anything after that. Nobody ever said that my kid isn't stubborn. The hardest thing for us to teach her is how old she is, i honestly think she knows and just refuses to say it and she absolutly WILL NOT hold up the number 2.
this is how most conversations go reguarding her age....
ME: hey, what is your name?
CHLOE: CHLOE ANNE HUNT
ME: and little Chloe Anne Hunt, how old are you?
CHLOE: Chloe Anne Hunt
ME: no, you are 2 years old. Your name is Chloe Anne Hunt
CHLOE: NO, my not 2. My is Chloe Anne Hunt
and that is usually where the conversation ends! Although yesterday she told me her name and how old she is, in the right order when i asked. Ahhh, such a proud moment in my life! Now if we could just get her to potty train in the next 5ish months or so that would be awesome.



No comments: