The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Friday, October 29, 2010

NICU, day 6

today was a pretty uneventful day which in terms of a NICU baby is a GREAT day. Avery is strong and a total fighter, the nurses all tell me that she is a feisty one and thats what they like to see because they have a lot of fight. Avery has her phototherapy lights again, or as i so lovingly call it her tanning bed. Her neonatologist told us that it is totally normal for her bilirubin levels to go up and down so she can go back and forth between needing the lights and not needing them. She had her cranial ultrasound today to check for any bleeding on her brain, so we are still waiting on results from that but should have them tomorrow. Lets all just keep our fingers crossed that it shows no bleeds. Tomorrow Avery will be getting her PICC line and her last line should be coming out of her belly button and we will hopefully get to hold her. I can't wait to start kangaroo care and get to hold my baby for the first time.

I guess its true that you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only thing you have!

1 comment:

Neomi Thomas said...

Oh honey! I am so glad to hear she is doing so well. How are you feeling? Keep us updated on the bleeds if there are any. Your family is definitely on my mind alot. Keep your head up and Avery will be home in no time! Even though it seems like forever :) Take care girl. Let me know if you need anything from where i am.