The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Monday, April 11, 2011

it seems like a lifetime ago

It seems like a lifetime ago that I laid in the room in my hospital bed crying as they were prepping me for my c-section, shaking as i texted "Prepping for c-section" to a few important people. Crying, shaking and scared of the unknown future of my daughter i laid there praying to McKenzie to please watch over her and keep her safe. Make sure that she got here safe because mommy and daddy needed her.
Crying as I laid in my recovery bed post c-section, begging for my husband (and they told me they couldn't find him) because I knew Avery was born alive but didn't know what kind of shape she was in. Crying as I told my husband I was sorry that my body had once again failed our family. Crying as we got the news that she was alive and doing well, just tiny.
It seems like such a lifetime ago that i stood there over my tiny little girl touching her hand, tears streaming down my face telling her how much i love and need her, wanting her to always know.
I never want to go back to that place and I am so thankful for everyday we have with her.

No comments: