The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

mother's day

Ugh, that time of year again. 2 years ago on mother's day we went with some friends to the san francisco zoo and spent the entire day there with them, their daughter and Chloe. Blissfully unaware that in just 5 short days my world would come crashing down around me, that in 5 short days i would hear the words that no mother wants to hear said about their child "She didn't make it". Mother's day always brings a lot of hurt, sadness and anxiety along with the happiness of my day celebrated with Chloe (and this year Avery too). Yes, i have 2 VERY amazing reasons here with me to celebrate, but I have a piece of my heart missing from the celebration.
I can already feel my anxiety level rising and I am already holding back the tears daily. When will the hurt/pain/frustration/sadness ever end? I just want to for one year have that blissful ignorance back where i don't feel like my heart is being ripped from my chest.

No comments: