The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Thursday, September 9, 2010

my oh my how fast the year went by

Phillip and i were talking tonight about how fast the year went. 1year ago (well technically 1 year and 6 days ago) was the night we totaled our truck on the freeway. It doesn't even seem like it has been a year. We were talking about it tonight and remembering what it was like and how fast the whole accident happened. I laughed and told Phillip that it wasn't anything like i expected a car accident that bad to be like. In the movies (i know, so realistic right?!) everyone always screams and cries and we didn't. Our accident wasn't anything like that, it was a very calm and quick experience, the whole thing happened from start to finish in a matter of like 2 minutes and we were stopped on the side of the road. I remember calling my mom as a blubbering mess trying to get out the words that we had been in a bad car accident. I knew that the ambulance was going to take me to the hospital because i was having some serious back and neck pain and that  if i didn't call my mom that she would be upset that i didn't. I remember the total calmness i felt that night knowing that we were going to be OK, i knew that McKenzie was with us and that we needed to be here for Chloe. I really cant believe that it has been a year.
And with the year anniversary of our accident comes the 1st anniversary of attending our H.A.N.D meetings. Starting to attend these meetings has been one of the best experiences of the last year. These ladies "get" me more than anyone (aside from Phillip of course) and they really have come to be some of what i would consider my best friends. They are amazing, caring and understanding women and can always make me laugh when i need it *cough* Candice *cough*. I am so glad that i met them and have them in my life!!

wow i think that is the longest blog that i have actually had time and energy to write in a long time, think its just a coincidence that Chloe is at her Nana's house until Tuesday and now i have the time?!?

No comments: