The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

i never knew how much my heart could love

i really never knew exactly how much love my heart could have until i became a mom. That was nearly 2 years ago now that happened, and i can honestly say looking back on it that it has been the best 2 years of my life. I was recently tagged in a picture on facebook of Chloe and i when she was about 5 months old, she was so tiny and BALD and just the most amazing most wonderful mystery that i have ever received. These past two years have been a total whirlwind and have gone faster than the speed of light. I always heard people giving new moms the advice "enjoy every second because it goes so fast" and i really never gave it a second thought, until i became a mom. Time seems to warp into double or triple time once you have kids. I remember the day Chloe was born holding this chubby little red headed baby and bawling because i was a mommy, i just couldn't believe that she was mine. Then 3 months later my sister-in-law had a baby, we went to visit her in the hospital and it wasn't until that moment, hearing our newborn niece cry, that i realized that Chloe no longer had that very very distinct newborn cry. It was like in the blink of an eye she was no longer that tiny chubby little newborn that stole my heart. By the time that my sister had her twins in Late December 2008 Chloe was 8months old and cruising the couches, and i realized that she was no longer a little baby but she was turning into a toddler before my eyes. Who told my sweet little girl that she could grow up?! Now that Chloe is very quickly cruising to two years old i look at her and listen to her talking and telling people what she wants and thinks and i realize that my toddler is becoming a little lady. She is a little lady full of heart and love and overloaded with personality, a personality all of her own. She looks at pictures of McKenzie and kisses them and tells me that is sissy. She is so smart and she amazes me more and more every single day. I really never thought my heart could love any more than it did the first time i held her, but the reality is that everyday i love her more and more. My heart is bursting at the seams because of the love.

No comments: