The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Monday, January 31, 2011

i'm afraid to fall asleep

Is this a rational though? NO, but it is what i think/feel.
Avery is sick, she is congested and sounds terrible. She sounds like she is losing her voice, her poor little cry sounds like a wounded kitten. That said, I really am afraid to fall asleep. I feel like if i fall asleep something is going to happen and Avery is going to stop breathing. I can't stop myself from thinking that, so I can't sleep. So here I sit, typing my blog and watching my daughter sleep in my lap so that I can make sure she is breathing.
Sigh, somedays i really miss being completely oblivious of how bad things really can be.

No comments: