The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Phillip and Laura....a love story...of sorts

Phillip and i originally met in high school senior year, 2003. We were both high school "screw ups" and ended up at a continuation high school. I was there for truancy and he was there for fighting, although he will point out that he never ever started a fight, he just finished them. We met because we rode the same bus, and actually sat pretty close together. He was always talking to the bus driver and i was always in my own world talking to my friends. While sitting there i would always have one ear on his conversations because i love love love his deep voice. Little did i know he always had one ear on my conversations because, well he thought i was cute!

After high school we went our separate ways, him to work and me to get in a HORRIBLE relationship. I used to see him all over town driving in his trans AM secretly thinking his car was HOT. When he would see me we would exchange a wave and a smile.

In late 2006/early 2007 i got a friend request from him on Myspace, i was actually really surprised he remembered who i was since it had been a while since i had seen him (even around town). We exchanged messages and IMs for a while and then traded numbers. We exchanged text messages and phone calls for MONTHS while he tried to get me to go on a date with him. I was very hesitant to go out with him because of how bad my last relationship was (not fair, i know). We continued to talk for a long time and he sent me a dozen roses at work, with a card that said "your worth whatever it takes" and i knew that he was different and that i had to give him a chance. I was falling in love with him, before we ever even went on a date. On May 19th 2007 i came out to his papa's shop while he was working on his trans AM and had our first "date". It wasn't your traditional date, but it was awesome. We stayed out until the wee hours of the morning talking and having a good time. I knew that i was in love with him, i fell fast and hard for him. We dated for a couple of months before we exchanged "i love yous" and he gave me a promise ring. We talked about wanting to get married someday, and neither one of us wanted a big wedding when we did get married.

On September 1st 2007 we found out i was pregnant, ever emotion under the sun came over me, and i was so scared. We both knew we wanted kids SOME DAY, but not this soon. On October 28th 2007 we "eloped" in Reno (only our parents and my sister knew we were doing it) and i can honestly say, i would totally do it again.

Everyday i fall more and more in love with him and our marriage is amazing, we have been through a lot together but he will always be "my knight in shinning, grease covered coveralls". People tend to judge us and don't think it will last because we are so young and our relationship was so fast but i guess we will just smile and laugh together as we prove everyone wrong!

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's a good story. That's the type of thing you need to remember when things are crappy.

livbeme said...

I love your Love story.Its something that no one else can say they have. Your lucky and screw what everyone else says.They just hate that they cant have what you two have.