The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

putting it out there

Today i went to mental health. I went there to get the referrals that i need to get the help i need. I have now been referred for individual therapy, and i even had my phone screening already. I should be expecting a paper in the mail sometime in the next week with a provider name and number on it for me to call and start scheduling therapy sessions.

I am also trying to get an appointment with a doctor because they also want to start me on some anti-depressants.

Hopefully i will be getting back to normal, or better than normal soon. I think the therapy is really going to help because i think i have been holding on to things for so long (like my dad's death for the last 14yrs), maybe talking will make it better.

i don't really know but at least i can let everything out here and keep track of my thoughts and "progress" somewhere.

2 comments:

tarebear said...

I hope everything works out for you Hun, and Im glad that you are headed down the path towards getting back to yourself..addmitting it is the first and hardest step...Im here for you if you need me

Unknown said...

Laura, I admire your strength and perseverance. I have done therapy several times in my life but especially after losing my angel Samantha and it really helped. I fought it for a long time before that. I think you are on the right track. Thinking positive vibes for you.