The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Saturday, September 10, 2011

flashback

I was reading some of my past blogs and just poking around here since i really haven't in a long time and I randomly noticed that since I started my blog I have progressively written more blogs each year. Well this year I have only blogged 40something times so far, I am pretty sure I wont be writing more than last year (180 blogs) thanks to Avery's NICU stay. Anyway, as I was poking around I found the blog about Avery's homecoming so of course I had to read it. Reading it took me right back to that bliss that I was feeling, to that moment we got in the car and drove away from the hospital with tears streaming down my face. When Phillip asked me what was wrong I told him nothing, I was happy, it was the first time we had both Avery and Chloe in the car together. It was a moment of pure happiness. I remember getting home and letting Chloe hold Avery for the first time, she was so in love with her sister she just kept smiling. Its amazing how much has changed since then, but going back to that moment while reading her homecoming blog was exactly what i needed tonight.

No comments: