The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Sunday, September 4, 2011

how do you find the words

How do you find the words to say about something you wish so badly wasn't true? How do you find the words to type a blog knowing you are typing it because you miss your grandpa. How do you say "my grandpa died" when you wish it wasn't that way.
Thursday we lost my grandpa to cancer. I am so glad that he is no longer suffering and that McKenzie gets to meet him, but man I'm going to really miss him. My grandpa was a stubborn, big headed, say what he thinks kind of guy. He really didn't care what anyone thought but he made sure that everyone knew what he was thinking. He was loving and smart and giving (even if sometimes he really didn't want to be). He loved airplanes and his family. He never made me feel like an outsider in the family, he always made me feel welcome even after my dad died. I was his favorite (or so i liked to tell him), I am his name sake, I am so much like him it scares even me.
I am so sad that Chloe only got to know him for a few short years and that Avery will never remember him. I'm sad that they wont have the memories of him that I do. I am sad that Tuesday I will be saying my final goodbyes. I miss him . I don't want to have to say goodbye, I want him to be here.

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal"
"To the world you may have just been somebody,
but to all of us you were the world. "

Until we meet again someday gramps, take care of my baby for me and give my dad a good old fashioned beat down :) I LOVE YOU

R.I.P LARRY LEE LITTLEFIELD sr. 
9/9/1931 - 9/1/2011 
always loved and never forgotten

No comments: