The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Sunday, September 25, 2011

homemade macaroni and cheese

 This is the recipe I used, I got it from Crock Pot Girls

16 oz macaroni noodles, cooked al dente
2 eggs, beaten
12 oz evaporated milk
12 oz milk (skim, 2 %, or whole, your choice)
16 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt/pepper to taste

Cook noodles until they are still slightly firm.
Drain and put in Crock Pot.
Whisk eggs, and add to evaporated milk and milk.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

I didn't measure exact on the cheese since I didn't buy already shredded cheese but next time I will add more, and I think it would be really good if i added some chicken into it.
Pour over noodles and stir. Add cheeses, saving a little to sprinkle on top.
Cook on low 3-4 hours.


No comments: