The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

a day in my life

i dont even know how i would accurately describe a day in my life. depressing i guess would be the best word. Its funny, you never really think about it until it happens to you. People that know about McKenzie but dont quite know what to say when they see me. That blank look on their face when they see me and realize that i too have noticed them so now they cant turn and run away like the would have liked to. the awkward conversation of how are yous and fake smiles. They dont really want to bring up McKenzie but cant think of anything else to say, so usually they say something hurtful without even knowing. Like "it was gods plan" or the ever popular "well you can always have more, cant you?". Do people not think before they speak? I keep my head in the clouds but my feet planted on the ground. I think that when people see me and they feel like running away, maybe they should just have a normal conversation with me like you would have with anyone else on a normal day. Or how about a hug, because really i can always use one. And no i really dont want to hear about your unplanned pregnancy that your not happy about, or how at 30wks you are so uncomfortable that you just wish you could have the baby already. No i really dont want to talk about my body and how it failed my daughter so miserably. Yes i would like you to be a friend. Be there when i need someone to catch me when i fall, Be there when i just need to cry, because it happens, i burried my daughter and i will have bad days. Be there as a friend, you dont even have to say anything at all, sometimes thats what helps me the most.

No comments: