The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Friday, December 31, 2010

my last blog of 2010

This year has been a crazy rides of higher than highs and lower than lows. When I started the year 2010 I said I said i wanted it to be better than 2009, and it was by far.  I experienced every emotion under the sun and my amazing husband was by my side through it all.
THE GOOD:
- Chloe turning 2
- McKenzie turning 1/march of dimes walk
- finding out i was pregnant
- buying a new (well used) car
- Avery being born breathing
- celebrating my 3rd wedding anniversary
- celebrating my nephews 2nd birthday
- being in the NICU (i have met some AMAZING people)

THE BAD:
- Avery being born premature
- unexpected car repairs
- over $400 spent in gas to and from the hospital (thus far)
- hospital bed rest (even though it was just a short stay)
- being in the NICU, it is an exhausting experience
- splitting the holidays
- a friend passed away

My sister and I are closer than we have ever been, and I am truly thankful for her. When i went into the hospital in labor with Avery my sister was there in every way she could be. When I sent her the text that said "preping for c-section" with my hands shaking she was there. She made calls to friends that had experiences with VERY premature babies and even was able to get some preemie clothes for my little bit. 2010 has been pretty good to me, so i can't wait to see what 2011 has in store!


No comments: