The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Monday, December 6, 2010

NICU, day 44

OK I was too tired to write a blog last night so i will just put it all in todays update. Yesterday then moved Avery's feeding tube from her mouth to her nose so that she could get better suction when they try to bottle feed her, hopefully making her take more by mouth. Phillip went to visit and I decided to stay home and pump so that I can get my supply back up because it is seriously tanking!
Today we were able to go to see her earlier than usual because Chloe is spending the night at Nana's house. Avery is doing really well, 4lbs 4oz, so she has a full 2lb weight gain since she was born! I got to try to bottle feed her again today. She was VERY sleepy but she did end up drinking 10mL by mouth! The only problem is that when she gets a mouth feed she has "suck apnea" and forgets to breath, but hopefully she will get the hang of it soon. I am so proud of my baby girl, she is really a fighter. She is smiling so much these days, it really amazes me. They weaned her down to 21% oxygen today and she is tolerating well (with the exception of when she was bottle feeding). She got her first round of vaccinations already. Right now we just really need her to start trying and wanting to take her feeds by mouth, so if you are the praying sort please pray that she starts.

No comments: