The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Friday, December 10, 2010

NICU, day 48

So I guess we really are in the home stretch of our NICU stay. Avery is on a 4 baby assignment now because she is "on her way out". It is such a bittersweet feeling, I am so happy and thankful that I will *hopefully* soon be taking my healthy baby home but on the other hand we have spent the last almost 2months there and I am really going to miss going there. I have not only gotten to know the nurses but we have also gotten to know the security guards and the other staff too. Hell the castodian that comes in and cleans the NICU knows us by name.
Anyway, today I got to see Avery twice! My sister picked me up this afternoon/early evening so that she could see Avery since it is her (my sister) birthday. Avery is 4lb 4oz and doing amazing. Today during the day shift she took a full 40mL feeding by bottle! That is right, today Avery took her first full feeding by mouth. We tried to bottle feed again tonight but she was tired and only took 10mL, so they will try again later tonight. I am just amazed at my little miracle baby. So if you are reading this THANK-YOU for following Avery's story and her NICU stay and THANK-YOU to everyone who has been think of and praying for her.

No comments: