The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

NICU, day 65

I know I have been a slacker in the NICU updates on here but there really hasn't been many changes and we were without internet for a week so I wasn't able to update. Anyway, I really need to do better in writing my blog and not just NICU updates but updates and just regular blogs about Chloe, Phillip and myself too. I find blogging to be a really good way to release stress and help me deal with all the emotions of life. While we were without internet Phillip took me to starbucks one night on the way to the hospital and we were playing around waiting in line in the car after we ordered. Phillip jokingly told me that he wasn't going to pay for it and I couldn't have my starbucks, and i cried. Thats right, I cried over starbucks. LOL this is exactly why i need my blog, to help me deal with life so i don't get overwhelmed and cry over starbucks! I am really curious how many people actually read these things too. I mean really, anyone could read it and i would never even know since it is public.
anyway here is tonights update....
the good:
Avery is 5lbs 15.3oz as of last night. They are talking about going down on her calories in her milk (they fortify it) because of several reasons. She is taking full feeds and not de-sating so they may try bottle feeding at every feed in the next couple of days. Since being in cloth diapers (for like 36hrs now) her butt is no longer bloody and is healing nice. We still have a chance at bringing her home this weekend, we will see.

the bad:
her blood pressure is really elevated. They are taking it more often right now because of it being elevated. Today they did an ultrasound on her kidneys and they are doing a urine catch to run a urine analysis so they can test her kidney function. We are waiting on results now.

No comments: