The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Monday, June 1, 2009

today is a hard day

today seem to be a very hard day for me. i should still be pregnant, i should have 3wks left until my angel makes her grand entrance into the world. At the same time i sit her and look at chloe and think that i should have a 16 day old baby to take care of, i should be dealing with all the same things that every mom of 2 under 2 is dealing with, but im not. Instead i sit her and cry and wonder how the hell we are going to be able to have our daughters funeral paid completely off in the next 60days. Its not fair, no mother should ever have to burry their child. I will never get to watch her grow up, see her personality, plan her birthday parties. I am never going to gt to watch her graduate, prom shop with her and watch her get married to the man of her dreams. No mother should ever have to feel the anger, hurt and sadness that i feel. No mother should ever have to watch as the burry a casket that small, they shouldnt even make them that small, its just not fair. Its not fair that my life will never be normal again, i can eventually have what i will consider normal for the circumstance but i will never again have the normal life i once knew. I feel like the depression is getting the best of me, but how do i know if it is or not? I choose most of the time not to leave my house unless i have to, and even then i try to only leave at night unless its for an appt that i have to go to. i guess today is just a really rough day, heres hoping for a better tomorrow.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I am so, so sorry you are going through this. I agree that no mother should have to go through it. There should never be a casket that small. Just know that there are tons of people praying for you and your family. Thinking of you everyday and hoping you are doing OK. I only wished I lived closer.

Helix from MB

Jeremy, Jamie and Micah said...

No mother should go through this, I couldn't even imagine what you are going through. But like Tara said just know that there are tons of people here for you, and if you ever want to talk im here!!!!!!
Love you!

Heather said...

Oh Laura...I just WISH there were more words than just I'm sorry...I wish there was something else we could say that would take away these feelings you have along with the hard days. Pray sweetie!! Pray that God helps you get through every day!! Time will help...in time each day will get easier. I know it doesn't seem possible, but it will happen! You'll never forget, and the feelings will always be there...but eventually it'll get easier. Give Chloe lots of hugs...she'll get you through this :) Hang in there sweetie...we're here for you!!
~Heather

Anonymous said...

I know that words won't help you but my heart absolutely breaks for you and your family. No mother should have to deal with what you're dealing with. Know that you're not alone and that so many of us are praying of you and thinking of you.