The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

therapy take 2

Yesterday i had my 2nd therapy visit only this visit was for Phillip and myself both. It was really good to get us both in there to talk and i of course cried a little. She asked what, if anything that I/we would like to work on together. I told her that we need to work on understanding, understanding how each other feels because we are still dealing with the grief from McKenzie's death. We deal with things differently and a lot of that has to do with the way we were raised. We were raised very very differently, in Phillip's family they kind of sweep those feelings under the rug (especially his dad). However i was raised that we talked about things like that if we needed to.
So here lies our communication/understanding issue. I want to talk about how i feel about and what i am dealing with, and Phillip doesn't talk about it. So a lot of times i feel alone and that i am the only one feeling the way i feel. That isn't the case, but that is how i feel because he doesn't talk about how he is doing (re: McKenzie). She is helping us deal with stress management and communication. She is also helping me learn to separate things like past vs. present when bad things happen. Like not to make little things into big things because it reminds me of something that happened with McKenzie. I don't really know how to explain it better than that.

No comments: