The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Sunday, November 21, 2010

NICU, day 29

I GOT TO SEE AVERY TWICE TONIGHT!!!!!!
Today i went to the NICU in the afternoon to see Avery, with my mom-in-law. It was a good visit with Avery and the nurse was nice too. Becky was even able to hold her, and wasn't limited to just 10mins.
Tonights visit with Avery was good too. She had a new nurse, whom I don't really care for because she talks to us like we were stupid and really hovered over me as i changed Avery's diaper even though we had talked about the fact that i have done it several times before. Anyway i got to change a poopy diaper when i was there this afternoon and a pee diaper while i was there tonight. She only had 1 desat all day today which is really good. She was very awake and alert tonight. She was looking all over the place while i held her. Then when she realized that she was getting fed he kept sticking her entire hand in her mouth to suck on, but getting really really pissed when it would fall out. So we offered her a pacifier to suck on and she did, A LOT! She loved that thing and it really helped her to fall asleep. I am hoping that offering her a pacifier to suck on while she eats will not only stimulate her to suck but also help her to associate sucking with getting food. In roughly 2 weeks *hopefully* they will let me start recreational breast feeding just to get her used to being at the breast, to stimulate my milk and to eventually get her to associate me with getting food. Overall tonight was a really good visit and the best part was that we missed the rain diving there and home!!

Oh and a Chloe funny, tonight she was holding my pump, trying to un-zip her pajamas and told me "mom, i can't pump my boobs with my jammies on"

No comments: