The birth of my two preemies

If this is your first time here, please read McKenzie's and Avery's birth stories!

McKenzie's birth story

Avery's birth story

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NICU, day 32

We got there at 8:05pm tonight, knowing they start her feeds at 8pm but first they have to take her temp and change her butt. Well apparently the nurse decided to start her feed early so when we got there she was already 1/3 the way through her feed. They don't like to move her during her feeds because of desats and we don't like to hold her right after she eats because that is when she is the most comfortable and relaxed so we opted not to hold tonight. She is currently weighing in at 3lbs 8.9oz and is doing really well. Yesterday i was able to take home her first BP cuff because she was given a new one. Her blood pressure cuff fits perfectly around my pointer finger, and perfectly around her upper arm. It i so crazy to think that her arms are that small around.

Tonight for the first time ever I pumped while we were at the NICU. I felt strange and a little uncomfortable doing it there but I think maybe if i force myself to do it every night (instead of skipping a session) it will not only help my supply but i will get more comfortable doing it. Tomorrow will be bitter sweet for me, Avery's first thanksgiving which is so exciting but she isn't home for me to hold and hug and kiss whenever i want. Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments: